Sunday, November 22, 2009

Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

My mother has 5 dogs that are kept in her backyard, we noticed today that one of them(a girl dog. its a chow %26amp; someother kind of dog mix) has a bald spot on its thigh. The spot is perfectly round,no red skin from irritation,no hair inside the spot, no cuts. Its not a bite. Its like someone skinned her there but she isn't the kind of dog that would sit still for that kind of thing. If someone was to have skinned her there would be jagged edges,some hair still there and there is none. Our yard is completly fenced in but there are wild rabbits and other animals that run about the neighborhood. I hope this is enough info for this question......



what happened to our dog??????



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

You need to take the dog to the vet to make sure it hasn't been bitten by anything. Could the dog have mange? It's not uncommon for dogs that live outside.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

Many shelters will treat the dog and then find a home for it- don't just put it to sleep unless it's absolutely necessary. Good luck with the others. Report It



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

Umm I dont actually know why. It might be born like that. U should go to a vet and ask why. Im sure they would know ^_^



sorry i cant help u out much



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

Could be ringworm, it sounds like what my cat had and I all needed was a ointment from the vet and it cleared up great!



Take it in ASAP to get it treated though.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

it could be fleas, and she was scratching so hard that the fur just fell out. if she's biting and scratching at it, its definately fleas. but it might be heartworm, ringworm, tapeworm, or any other kind of worm that can sit in the heart, stomach, liver or intestines, and cause hair loss in dogs. get her checked out by the vet.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

She may have got it hung on something and it pulled out. Just keep an eye on it. If there's no hair regrowth or if irritation appears, consult your vet.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

My first thought was ringworm. Take it to the vet and they'll put an ultra-violet light over it to see if it is. Ringworm takes a few weeks of medication before it actually goes. Ringworm is a fungus not an actual worm. Check for other bald spots, check the other dogs as well because it is contagious if it is Ringworm.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

Some dogs rip their hair out out of nervousness, but the chances of it being perfect without irritation is rare. Maybe she has alepecia, a disease where a dog goes bald. But I don't know if that is common in her breed. I suggest taking her to the vet, they will know what's wrong.



Why does my dog have a bald spot on him?

It could be what is called Hot spots. When my boxer had it I bought a bottle of Brewers yeast at Wal-Mart and the spots went away. Last time I checked for it at the same Wal-Mart I could not find it. You could ask your vet about hot spots. Brewers yeast should be in the pet section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans