Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lump on dog's tail, any ideas?

my 5 year old male dog has a lump on his tail he was chewing at it and when i went to clean it and put Vit E on it about 2 weeks or so ago i sqeazed and it popped... well like a pimple. now it's hard and i can't get anything outta it. it'slike a mass but he's not bothering it now..and the hair is starting back... any ideas kinda scared it's cancer.



Lump on dog's tail, any ideas?

Anytime you find a lump, take your dog to the vet. I have a dog that was cured of cancer because I found the lump and had it surgically removed before it was too far gone. Even though he had benign tumors in the past, I took him to the vet just to be safe and it's a good thing I did.



If you could squeeze something out, it probably isn't cancer, but you need to have him checked out. It could be a subaceous cyst as I had a female dog who got them all of the time and I could squeeze a toothpaste-like substance out of them. Even if this is it, he needs to have it cleaned out and put on medication. Please take my advice, it's always best to be safe rather than sorry.



Lump on dog's tail, any ideas?

It could be a tumor.....but probably not if you were able to pop it. I'd have the vet take a look anyways, just in case...



Lump on dog's tail, any ideas?

I would suggest it would be a good idea to at least call your vet on this. It may be that it healed over but still has infection inside. Easy to get an abcess, normally from an injury or bite. You may have not gotten all the infection out, not cleaned properly.



I assume you have a vet to call and ask. If he hasn't been in awhile it is good idea to have a checkup anyway. Better to be safe than risk his health.



Lump on dog's tail, any ideas?

Sounds like it was a pimple (blocked pore). My dog had one under his collar...I was worried too and brought him to the vet. He simply popped it and told me it was a pimple. If you are really concerned check with your vet. Check this site for how to dectect skin cancer in dogs:



http://www.ehow.com/how_18266_detect-ski...



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans