Friday, November 27, 2009

My dog's snout looks swollen?

on the left side, where the whiskers are, it seems to be swollen, and its a little red, but it doesnt bother my dog at all, we've touched it, cleaned it, put cortizone cream on it (for dogs of course). we have an appointment saturday morning for it. it started about a month ago, for for about 2 weeks it would come and go, be gone for days at a time. then it started just staying there. then yesterday there was what looked like a whitehead, so we figured we'd bring her in. i'm thinking allergy to something, or ingrown hair, but since it wasnt hurting her or even bothering her i dont know about that.



any ideas just for me to research until saturday?



My dog's snout looks swollen?

Abcess. She could have gotten stuck with something and slowly an abcess forms. Which can reside then come back. It may need drained and some antibiotics.



Added



Yes an abcess could be caused by an infected tooth. Duh an abcess is usually an infection but there are sterile abcesses too. Even the ingrown hair theory will create an abcess. If an abcess had a way to drain the swelling could come down then once healed over swell again.



Doubtful it is a hotspot they usually really bother the dog and can get terrible painful red and bald in a very short time.



My dog's snout looks swollen?

Good the vet is checking it out. My mom's dog has cysts that are basiclly dog pimples. They come to a head just like a zit. Could be that or something else. Good Luck



My dog's snout looks swollen?

This could be a number of things, but if I had my guess it would either be an infection of some sort or allergies. If it's been this way for a month and you have an appointment Saturday, great.



In the meantime, google search for "canine skin irritations" and "canine allergy symptoms"



My dog's snout looks swollen?

Sounds like it may be a hot spot. But that's just my guess it's hard to say without being able to see it myself. The vet will help you out. Good luck



My dog's snout looks swollen?

go to the vet and don't do any research.....waste of time....rather play with your dog and the doctor will help you answer your questions.....sometimes research is just scary or confusing.....just play with your pet and get to the doctor as soon as you can....even before the appointment....if need be....



My dog's snout looks swollen?

good you took it to the doctor there is something rong with your dog!



good luck!



My dog's snout looks swollen?

I would suspect an infected tooth, an abscess caused by a wound of some sort, or an allergic reaction. I doubt it is a hot spot -- they are usually sort of oozing sores which look and are pretty painful and they would not have come and gone over a month's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans