Friday, November 27, 2009

How did I help my dog when he gets sick?

I have a two year old yorkshire terrier. He is perfect in every way. Perfect face, build, hair, and temperment. He only weighs 4.5 pounds too. He is perfectly healthy except one thing. Every now and then, especially when he eats something that he shouldn't, he gets very sick. He throws up blood and also has bloody diarrhea for a day or two. He will mope around for about 4 days and go back to the same healthy dog that he has always been.



This first happened when he was six months old. I have taken him to the vet several times. They have done xrays and all different kinds of tests. They could not find anything. They told me that it would just happen in this specific breed. They suggested giving him pepto bismol when he gets sick (this DOESN'T WORK). It always goes away by itself, but I hate for him to feel bad. (not to mention i have white carpet)



Has anyone had this problem with their dog? If so, what did the vet do about it? Should I be concerned?



How did I help my dog when he gets sick?

Pure breeds many times will have little problems like throwing up because of all the inbreeding that happens. There really isn't much you can do about it, except make sure you only feed him dog food and try you best to keep things out of his reach. I understand that it's hard but it's kind of like having toddler around, they get into anything. Also, you may look into dog foods with oatmeal in them, they are usually packaged as dog food for special tommies or sensitive stomaches. You may also, look into baby medicines, because like I said they are like toddlers they're bodies are similar too. I hope that helps.



How did I help my dog when he gets sick?

Maybe you should find a petsitter for him just in case he does something else that is bad. Not for like a vacation, I mean... just like the person comes to your home and sorta babysits him. Does he have his own room? If he does, you can change the carpet in his room only. Make it a wood floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans