Friday, November 27, 2009

My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

Okay, I just went to the vet because she ate Trident, and had to be hospitalized. She has a funny swelling on her leg, there is no hair on it. It isnt hot, and it does not hurt when I touch it, also it is pink not red. I think it might be a bee sting, (she likes to play with bees) but I dont know what it looks like. There is a cat that hangs around but it is friendly to people, it did swat at my dog, but she was being pushy. I just dont know what it is, and I dont want to go to the vet and spend another night thinking my dog is in trouble.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

ok its not the trident my dog ate it b4 and it is defeniatly a bee sting u got to have that checked because if u dont his/her red blood cells could go down u need them about a 35%-55% blood cell rate if she/he dosnt they will have to do alot of thing fast to get it up



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

might be a reaction to food my dog just went through that. check the by products in your food.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

It's probably where they put the IV in at the vet's office. You should call them to verify... but I bet that's what it is. They shaved an area (why there's no hair) and put an IV in her vein (which leaves a poke mark, much like a bee sting) to administer whatever meds she needed while hospitalized.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

Are you saying that the wound is somehow directly related to the dog's last stay at the vet? Is it possible that it is an irritation where the dog had an IV?



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

The hair there is probably gone becasue she is licking it. They tend to overlick their wounds sometimes. You may have no choice but go to the vet again and I am sorry to have to tell you that but with out seeing the wound it is hard to say what is wrong. Most likely it is minor and she probably just needs some cream for it and maybe even a neck cone to keep her from licking it. Good luck I am sure she will e just fine.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

My dog had what seems to be the same thing! We made an appt. after it started getting bigger! I started putting a raw egg in her food once a week ( goog for the coat) and we canceled the appt. cause it gradually started going away! If it's not bothering her I don't think it's anything to worry about! Hope it'll be alright!



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

Tumor? Maybe she got rough with another animal or she has been biting herself because she might have fleas.



I think it sounds like a tumor which she might need surgery for.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

Looks like a growth in the photo. I agree with the suggestion to improve your dog's diet (dramatically) and recheck with the vet to confirm it is benign.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

well it could be a bug bite,bug sting,or an animal bite/scratch. But even though u don't want to go to the vet again, i think u should. It's better to be safe then sorry.



My dog has a strange wound/bite. Please help!?

AWW Poor nebbi!!!!!! Shes too cute to be as sick as she always is. She needs to stop being so curious!!!!!! I love Nebbi Von Snicker-doodle!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans