Saturday, November 28, 2009

I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

I try. I really do. I think other people's dogs are cute... but when my girlfriend and I got a house and her dog started living with us, I just... can't like her (the dog). We never fight (my girlfriend and I) but since Bailey lives with us now, it's like, little disagreements almost everyday. I just can't stand that we live in this small house and this big puppy is EVERYWHERE. She sheds like crazy and when I complain my girlfriend simply tells me that she's going to shed even more in the summer. Ugh.



If I offer to make breakfast for Kelly, she asks me to make Bailey eggs too. I feel like everything is also about Bailey.



I just feel this intense impatient-ness when it comes to Bailey, Can't stand the hair, the sound of her chomping the GIANT bone she got for Christmas, the sound of her cleaning herself.



What do I do?! How can I get over this?!



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

i was second to the dogs once. the best thing to do since you have her (the dog) is to find your own bonding time with her. it's the worst when a dog doesn't feel the need to mind both bipeds. also lay down some ground rules about you and your woman time. like no dog in the bedroom and dog food is best for dogs, not biped food. make sure you get time with your woman and time with the dog alone. also be very specific and consistent with training and discipline and be a team.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

get a cat LOL



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Move....or accept it.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

This is pretty funny, but I sympathize!



Make your choice buddy... you love your GF means you love ALL of her...



Maybe get your OWN dog :D



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

move out or suck it up and deal.u need to understrand the dog is her baby and u choose tp live with someone who has a dog



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Are you really going to let a dog get in the way of your relationship?? And dont put the dog in the middle, he will just wind up suffering!



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Time to move.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Well it seems that Kelly might not be willing to give up the dog.



So you need to think to yourself if moving would be a good thing to do.



What I would do it go get a really pissed off at the world cat and see how long it takes the dog to become something she doesnt want anymore.



But really if your friendship worth it??



Take her out for a beer and talk to her with out the dog being there and tell her how you feel.



Good Luck



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

You say you try...but have you really tried? Keep in mind animals have feelings just like people. Just give Bailey a chance and it might turn out to be 1 of the best friends you could ever imagine having...I promise.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

chomping the gaint bone lol sorry anyway bailey is like family to your gf pets really mean alot to people so id try understanding your gf about liing with the dog its like if it were one of your family members staying with you thats what it feels like to your gf just start liking the dog you never no you might really like looking after the dog



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

well tell u the truth i dont think u can get over it. try asking your girlfriend if the dog can stay outside if you are also paying for the house or yall are splitting the payment then you also have a say so on whether the dog stays or goes



good luck



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Get over yourself. You have to make sacrifices for relationships in life.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Practice a bit of tolerance.



One of the things you learn as you age (geez I sound old) is to spend time and energy only being upset/stressed about the things that are truly important.



It makes life so much more pleasant to just let the little stuff slide. And to remember most everything is little stuff.



If you're this impatient with a dog, I can't begin to imagine the stress children would create.



Things to Think About:



*Dust falls as well as hair.. you shed.. she sheds on a hair per hair basis less than you do... This gives someone a good reason to dust/vacumn.



*She's chewing a GIANT bone and not your shoes



*She could NOT clean herself and be all stinky instead.



You really might want to spend some time thinking about her good qualities.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Stop thinking about it and you'll get over it. You are so focused on it right now that you are driving yourself crazy. And if you keep freaking out about it, you will drive your GF away.



Your gf came with the dog. If you love her, then you'll have to take her as-is.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Either find a new girlfriend or accept it. Dog lovers will always be dog lovers, there is nothing you can do to change this. Either learn to love the dog, or find someone who dislikes dogs just as much as you.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

i love dog but i would never keep one in The house put it out said and if she can not do that she dos not care for you but only for the dog.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

The fact of the matter is you knew the whole time that she had a dog. If you love her, you must love everything about her. Instead of putting a wall around yourself, take the dog for a walk, see if your girlfriend would like to go to a training class together so you and the dog can build a bond as well. The dog sences your disliking and will react to it negatively. See Baileys as your dog as well and it wont be so bothersome. The two of you have become one. This includes the dog.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

Maybe Kelly should tell you to "Get on down the road." You sound too insecure.



That's what I did and I have never been happier!



Excuse me while I go make dinner for my dogs.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

tell your gf all about this. tell her how u feel about this problem. agree to compromise...like, keep the dog out of half of the house so it's hair free...maybe if u brushed the dog more, it won't shed as much. as for the noises.....buy earplugs. i know this sounds wierd...but maybe get another dog so bailey'll b more busy playing with it



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

I have a sneaking suspiscion that maybe kelly kind of got this dog behind your back, and perhaps that is where the resentment lies??



Obviously the dog came before you moved in together, but did she come after you all decided to move in together??



I think you have the right to say something to kelly about bailey, but not in a mean way or in a hurtful way



Something like;



"I have never really been a dog lover, but I really want to be, because I love you and I really like bailey. Until I get used to this whole dog thing, can you do a few things for me - keep hair to a minimum, take responsibility (make the dog it's eggs, clean dog poop, bathing etc" And ask if the dog maybe can't have its own space so you two can have some one on one time sometimes. Maybe ask if the dog can stay out of the bedroom, etc etc.



Kelly has to be responsible for her dog still, even though you live together. It's not automatically your responsibility. She also needs to compromise. She needs to realise not everyone is going to love her dog like she does, and it's her job to make sure her dog isn't causing problems, especially in her relationship.



My boyfriend dislikes cats, he's always disliked cats. We have 2 cats. I take sole responsibility for them, and he's slowly coming to like them more. He was never mean to them, but he tolerated them more than anything. I never pushed them on him, and took extra special care to make sure they didn't inconvienience him so he wouldn't come to like them even less.



But you also need to try with bailey, to show her you are trying. Take bailey for a walk, play with bailey, give bailey a treat, etc.



Edit: So she did get it without consulting you and behind your back. I had a feeling. You need to tell her that if she felt it was appropriate to make that choice, she needs to be responsible. You didn't want a dog, so she needs to do her best to take care of this dog and keep it from bothering you.



Unfortunately as long as the dog is around, the resentment towards it probably will be, too. But you can probably keep it from being a problem if you make sure kelly knows and understands that it is her responsibility, and if she wants it to stay, she'll do everything she can.



I need help, I'm not a dog person...?

well i read your other question



spend the whole day with the dog



i know it sounds weird but seriously once u do somthing for 24 hrs you learn to tune it out.



the hair, ugh the hair THAT is probably going to be your girlfriends responsibility.



the chewing, licking walking around infront of the t.v., licking your feet, lol you'll get used to it just put in a few hard hours of mommie-Baily time.



hope i helped!!!!



star for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans