Friday, November 27, 2009

My dog has an irregular right paw, three toes, one floppy toe and two nails in the center toe and sh

sometimes on that paw. The nail on the floppy toe points straight ahead. There is one nail on the middle paw whose entry is recessed and one that is in a near normal location. The recessed nail was growing curled into her middle toe and I think making her limp. I cut it back to try to keep it from irritating her, thinking it might be what is making her limp and I cut the long straight nail from her floppy inner toe to keep it from catching. Her other paws are normal.



What should I do or have done about the floppy toe and or the recessed entry nail in the middle toe.



She is a sweet 14lb cockapoo about 9 months old, white and gold in color. We keep her trimmed up hair wise so she can see now. She barks at her reflection now.



Maddie Mae is her name.



The recessed nail, I cut back shorter tonight to keep it from irritating her middle toe on the side when she walks. It bled from the cut back but stopped. I just want to do her right. Wonderful dog otherwise!



My dog has an irregular right paw, three toes, one floppy toe and two nails in the center toe and she limps?

please take your sweetie to the vet. they will advise you what to do. they might even take it off if thats whats best for her. it kinda sounds like a dead toe. poor baby. please dont wait on that. you dont want her to get the toe or the nail caught in anything



My dog has an irregular right paw, three toes, one floppy toe and two nails in the center toe and she limps?

Hi,



Love the name for your dog!! Cute!! I am a momma to two Schnauzer's Holly (a mini) and Buddy (a standard), he has a curly outer side toe on his left back paw..



My two are both rescues so I am not sure as to how he got the toe like that, but the vet said as long as he is able to walk and get in to pain we could leave it be, and he just saw the vet today for shots!!



I say to ask the vet if that toe can be removed? It would help and one toe, being removed, she can still be just fine!! Good Luck!!



And I hope it helped!!



My dog has an irregular right paw, three toes, one floppy toe and two nails in the center toe and she limps?

You need to let your vet look at it and give you advice. I have one dog that was born with feet that point in on the rear legs. She is fine. She is just different. Same with yours. Let your vet look at her, and see how you should cut it for the best way to make her comfortable. Special dogs just need special care. I'm sure she is a wonderful pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans