Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

Lately my dog has been vomiting on a regular basis, and I really didn't think anything of it until today.. I got home and she had vomited all over both my sisters beds and the floor of my room. What type of sickness does she have? Can it be fatal? What could have caused this?



My theory on the matter is that she has an infection of some sort. My sister was taking her a bath last Saturday and decided to chop off all her hair, and we later discovered a small cut she had made by mistake because my dog was constanty licking it and left the area bald. Can this cut have become infected, and this is why she is throwing up?



Please answer all my questions.. I really want to know what is wrong with my dog..



and I can't take her to the vet because my mom says she is just a dog and does not want to pay tons of money to take her =\..



Help! Thanks



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

Try giving your dog food for sensitive stomachs. Science Diet has a good one.



The hot spot (wound) on the dog is probably not the cause, but you do need to take care of that. Get a cone for the dog's head so it can't lick the wound and try to clean it out and put some anti-microbial cream on it.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

iF YOU CAN .. CAN YOU EMAiL ME BECAUSEE i WANT TO KNOW HOW OLD SHE iS.. AND WHAT OTHERR THiNGS AREE WRRONG WiD HER.. THANKS ..



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

I would definitely take her to the vet, but since you aren't the one paying the bills, you might try calling the vet. Explain the situation to them and all the symptoms. They can help you decide how urgent it is to get her in to see the vet. If they agree with you and me, they might give you some things to tell you mother about what all this could be a symptom of. I doubt very much that it has to do with the hair cut and the cut on her skin. Is she current on all her shots? If not, I would take her ASAP to the vet.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

You need to be strong and look at the vomit. Look for worms or signs of something the dog ate.



It could be a LOT of sickness things. But more likely she has worms or ate something and can't pass it. Worms, you treat. Even if she has heartworm, it probably won't cause puking. But worms that show up in her vomit WILL show.



My dog almost died after eating a corn cob. He puked a few days, then I noticed not only did he throw up, but he had not pooed for a while. So nothing could get down, the cob was blocking him.



If you are taking her to the vet, go before the weekend when you will get charged out the whazooo even more than usual.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

WELL GO TO A VET!!!!



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

ok not sure what is causing the problem but i do know that you can give a dog pepto bismal for vomiting, upset stomach.



you give 1tsp per 5 lbs of body weight every 6 hours until stopped.



you can also give pedialite for dehydration.



is the dog eating and drinking ok? if not it definately could be parvo and needs to be treated right away.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

How old is she? If she is young, it could be Parvo. If she has diahrea too, then take her to the vet right away! My dog threw up like that and had the runs. Only the vet saved him. I did end up spending about 500 but the vet let me do payments. I was very glad I spent the money. He was suffering, we almost put him down.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

It could be a variety of things and I don't have enough information. I can tell you that if this has been going on, your dog is going to get dehydrated if it isn't already. As for the infection, you just need to look at it and smell it. You'll know if it's infected.



As for your so called mother, it's nice that she respects your property like that. It's a great lesson in responsiblity and she should be so proud of her self.



Would it still be "just a dog" if at some time that dog saves your life by protecting you or alerting you to danger? Is it still "just a dog" when you care for it? That's real nice.



Perhaps you can take it to the "humane society" where they can treat the dog at a low cost. It would be a shame for your dog to die when it could have been treated with antibiotics.



Bless your heart for trying to do what you can for your dog.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

does the dog have shots?? if she is throwing up, wont eat and has diarrhea..its probably parvo. and parvo can be and usually is fatal. parvo travels through the air, by other dogs, in your shoes, it can attach itself to inanimate objects. find a vet that takes payment arrangements. parvo can kill in the first 3-5 days. she needs to go to the vet. im not sure that the cut would be the reason why your dog is throwing up but shes throwing up so taking her to the vet is a must.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

Does your mom know that it is illegal to not give the dog proper care that it needs? If i were you, i would call the local humane society. they should be able to help you.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

I can't help you, only a vet can help your dog.



I think your mom needs to take a class in compassion. "Just a dog", you could say she's "just an uncompassionate mom" and deny her medical help when she needs it. Not your fault but your mom's atitude gets me nauseated. UGH.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

Your mother should be reported for animal abuse. If you can't afford to care for a dog you shouldn't bring one into your home.



As for the dog, I would take her to the Humane Society. They treat at a low cost. What you described sounds like it may be parvo, which is fatal.



I'm pretty sure my dog is sick.. help?

Well, first off, let me say that your mom is very cruel to animals. You have no idea what is wrong with the dog and there can be many causes for this vomitting, including liver failure. Without proper care, there is probably no way for us to tell what is wrong with your dog. That cut could also be a major infection that is running through your dog, maybe a blood infection. If your dog is vomitting on a regular basis, then that is a serious medical condtion. The constant vomitting could also dehydrate your dog, which will only make things worse. I would take the dog to a shelter or to the ASPCA if you and your family can not afford to give it proper medical treatment. That is just wrong and cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans