Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

I have a large breed short hair 7month old puppy. I take him to Petsmart to be groomed and I have started asking for a certain groomer and I have always been unsure if I tip the groomers. Now I feel that I should tip since I ask for this one guy because he knows my dog and my dog likes him. So I was wondering if I should tip him and how much. It typically cost $22 to get him groomed (bath and brush).



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

Yes...tip. A groomer will always be very complimented if you do. Tipping means you appreciate the work they have done. You can tip whatever you want. I have received tips up to $10! Not that you should tip that much...but anything from $3 - $5 would be sufficient with a dog that costs $22 to groom.



Addition: Most groomers work on commission. Shops usually give the groomer from $40-50% ccommission. The shop is usually making the most money...not the groomer. So, giving a tip is just a little extra to let the groomer know she is doing a good job and that you like what she does.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

Yes.. you should tip since it is a service they are doing for you. If you tip your hair dresser, why not your pets'? If you enjoy the service, then show your gratitude. It will be welcomed and appreciated. Report It



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

working with pets is typically a job that is done for the love of animals not the money as most animal related jobs are poorly paid or voluntry so im sure a tip would be greatfully recieved



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

I don't take my dogs to Petsmart (it's a small little groomer near my home) but I generally always tip everytime I go! Even if it's just to have toenails cut!



:) I think that is definitely a personal opinion but common courtesy!



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

I tip $5 on a $30 grooming. So, tip a couple of dollars. It is like your hairdresser, you tip if service was good.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

Rule of thumb for tipping usually 15 to 20% of the bill in your case you could give him a 3 to 5 dollar tip. I always tip my hairdresser, waitress', gas jockey, they all work for minimum and a little extra always help, been there a waitress I mean and you do like his work it is a way of saying you appreciate the effort he puts forth with your dog, maybe he just loves him but a little recognition goes a long way. Do what feals right to you in life. Peace



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

u should probably pay him about $3 tip



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

If you want to make sure that you get the same groomer,



be sure to tip him about $5.00, if the store allows it!



If there are not any "no tipping" signs around, go ahead



and tip him. If there are, complement the groomer, and give raves to his boss, and let it be known that you prefer this



groomer over all the others. You don't want to get him fired,



but I agree, groomers should be given a gratuity when taking



extra care of your pet! (And he is if your dog likes him!)



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

Really, it's no different than the hair dresser, barber, waiter....yes, you tip....typically 20%. Petsmart groomers ususally make 40% of the amount you pay for the grooming...the rest goes to the business. Groomers like hairdressers love it when you book your next appt. before leaving. That way you get a good apt. with the groomer you want, and he'll know that you prefer him.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

I have a Maltese, and since I want to keep his hair long, I get him groomed once a month. I am so appreciative of what the groomer does, I ALWAYS time him. His regular price for grooming is $31, so I feel you are getting away much cheaper, and YES.....tip the groomer. He would appreciate it very much and take as much time with your puppy to get it looking absolutely beautiful. It's worth it....isn't it?



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

Always should tip your groomer!!!!



you would tip your own hair salon for your hair being done! Pet smart pays a limited paycheck to thier groomers, your groomer appeciates any tip you can afford, but on a note of how much ,, I usually tip around 5.00,, but during holidays might tip more.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

We have 3 dogs and take them to Pet Smart also. We don't always get the same groomer,but they usually do a very good job with or dogs, and we usually tip them five dollars for each dog. Because we are very satisfied with the way they treat our dogs and how good the dogs look and like them.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

I would tip as that person just works for Pet Smart and doesn't actually owe the place. Especially if you feel that he is a doing a great job or your dog is extra work for him. I'm sure he would very much appreciate it. For $22 grooming I would suggest a $4 tip.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

First I would like to say, Why do ppl think that just because a person OWNS their own service company, WHY they shouldn't be tipped? We may make ALL the money but we also PAY ALL THE EXPENSES which are huge! Many people who once owned their own grooming salon will go back to work for a company because there is much lower hours and they don't have to worry about meeting all the expenses of running their own place. Just a few would be: Yellow Page advertising as well as any other advertising, rent, utilities, business phone lines, permits, licensing, INSURANCE, shampoos, conditioners, colognes, tools, ear powders and cleaners, styptic powders, Hydraulic(sp?) tables, kennels, ribbon, taxes, I mean the list goes on and on forever. Who do people think spent the money to stock up that salon with all the supplies? That doesn't even get into employee taxes and workmen's compensation, etc. Please do not pass up the shop owner, if they were the one to provide service to you, it is fine to give them a tip to show your gratitude as well. (IF they did NOT provide the service, they should NOT be tipped)



My answer to the question is, yes a tip is appropriate and also the person who stated the man is making 40% is misinformed. GROOMERS make commission, BATHERS make Minimum wage. It used to be that Pestmart did not allow tips whatsoever but I think they have lifted that policy when they lowered the employee's cut of the price paid by the consumer.



You can tip any amount you like but always remember to tip your bather in Cash and hand the tip directly to the man. If you are afraid you will not see him when you pick the dog up, tip him when you drop your dog off. Tip any amount from 3 dollars or more. During the holidays, besides his regular tip, a nice gesture is to tip extra in a holiday card, ($5, 10 or 20) again tip cash and again, hand the card right to the man himself. I've said this before, some of the nicest people will steal tips from a co-worker so always tip the person you want the money given to, even if you have to drop back by another time or day.



Should I tip my dog groomer? And how much?

he is doing his job for which you have already paid isn,t that enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans