Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dog shampoo?

Hi, I was just wondering what type of shampoo you like to use for your dog. I have a boston terrier that is an adult and I have always used a little bit of my shampoo on her (since she was a pup), and rinsed it off completely. Now she is getting dandruff. I only give her a bath once a month. Is that too much or too little. Now her hair is thinning too. The vet said that was a result of bad breeding (I didn't buy her, I adopted her). Any advice on better shampoos? Should I do something different. Could it be a bigger problem? Or should I just not worry about it? Thanks for any advice!!!!!



Dog shampoo?

I am owner of 3 Bostons. I use Johnson and Johnson Baby shampoo on them. It leaves their coat very shiny and it does does hurt their eyes when they look down. I think bathing them once a month is to much. Dogs have natural oils in their skin that helps maintain a healthy coat. The dandruff is from drying out the skin. I know you like to keep him clean but try bathing once every three months instead unless he gets really dirty playing outside. Bostons are know for being pretty clean dogs anyway.



Dog shampoo?

Ah, yes, human shampoo is too rough on a dogs skin. Dog shampoos are much more gental.



I personally use Pro Plus, but there are plenty of other different brands. You could get some at your local petstore/walmart, or you could even ask your vet if they sell any.



Dog shampoo?

i like to use the kind that is green i don't know the name of it but it worked really well



Dog shampoo?

A higher quality food or sensitive skin formula may help. Omega fatty acids may also help. She could have a thyroid problem or seasonal alopecia. Hydrapearls or a spray on humetant like humilac would be better than bathing.



I use Tropiclean Papaya plus or Isle of Dog primrose shampoo.



Dog shampoo?

Try some tea tree oil dog shampoo or some oatmeal dog shampoo.



It could also have something to do with the food you feed her as well.



Dog shampoo?

lulu pink (its a shampoo true and a a doggy company)



Dog shampoo?

I would use nothing on your dog except for a shampoo formulated especially for dogs. I would also only bathe her when it was needed.



Dog shampoo?

human shampoo is not good for dogs because they remove their necessary oils. iams is also not a very good food. www.dogfoodanalysis.com



Dog shampoo?

Giving a dog a bath once a month seems a little excessive. Most dogs get baths a couple times a year. We've always used human shampoo on our family dogs and never had a problem. I would wash her less.



Dog shampoo?

I have never had that happen to a dog but I have had a couple of friends who had that happen to their dogs and both times it was a thyroid problem. One dog was a shelty and the other was a German Shepherd.



Take your dog either back to the vet or go to another vet or take your dog to a local university vet school.



I have always used "no more tears baby shampoo" on my dog and showered her with me. She just gets in the shower with me and sits still until I tell her OK then she gets out and plays with the towels.



Dog shampoo?

The Tea Tree oil that Cosmo suggested is excellent. Tea Tree oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties that will sooth any dog's skin.



You vet does need to check her thyroid levels. Bostons are prone to thyroid problems and the number one symptom of thyroid issues is hair loss.



Dog shampoo?

try earthbath dog shampoos thay are wonderful i use it on both of my dogs and you go to the web www.earthbath.com and you can get the shampoo at petco as well



Dog shampoo?

Ask your vet if she is a candidate for Pyoben shampoo. It is a prescription shampoo that is formulated for dogs with a bad skin and coat. I just put my dog on it yesterday. It is about 20 bucks for a 16oz bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans