Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dog lotion?

my chihuahua has lost some hair on his rear due to him gnawing at flea bites. we've gotten rid of the fleas but the exposed skin looks very dry.



is it ok to use creams and/or lotions for humans on my dog, or should i buy a specially formulated canine lotion?



Dog lotion?

I think you should consider getting some Omega 3 Fatty Acid capsules for dogs and adding the oil to his food, rather than apply something topically. If you put lotion on him, he'll just lick it off and it could upset his stomach.



A less expensive option would be adding a touch of olive oil to his food, but I really think the Omega 3s work wonders.



Dog lotion?

I have a hairless crested. I have used Curel Ultra healing, Olay Quench, and Eucerine on his skin.



There is "dog lotion" available. I know of a lady who makes body wash and shampoo for hairless dogs. I have used it and it works good. Email



allyoopsstuff@aol.com and ask her about it.



You may want to use baby sunscreen on the bare spots too when she is outside to prevent burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans