Sunday, June 20, 2010

Respiratory problem because of Doberman(dog)?

Hello,



my dad has recently had a triple bypass surgery on his heart(5 months ago) and we were considering of getting a doberman. With other animals, my dad had a hard time to breath; we had a cat not long ago with a thick fur coat and a while ago a dog and with both my dad experienced breathing problems.And i wanted to know If it is because of the animals coats or because of the surgery.And if getting a doberman would cause more breathing problems(Dobermans have a small coat of hair but they shed alot).



Also, my dad has never had any problems with asthma or allergies to domestic pets.Is it also possible that hes developping asthma or allergies?



Respiratory problem because of Doberman(dog)?

Cats and dogs have different dander in their coats, so while one may be allergic to a cat, they could be perfectly fine with a dog. I'm highly allergic to cat dander, but have had dogs all my life with no problem.



However, your father's health issues could be complicated by having pet fur and dander floating around. This is a question best posed to his heart surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans