Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm looking at getting a dog after my much loved husky died unexpectedly (heart attack). husky

Previous dog Lobo, was a very good looking purebred siberian husky (with papers) yet he weighed 49kg (108lbs) and was alot taller than others i have seen. He had very round paws and a round fluffy face. I'm looking to get a similar looking dog (in different colours) as after Lobo all other breeds seem to fade in comparison. I am unsure whether to go with another husky or an alaskan malumute. Alot of other purebred s.huskies i have seen look small and scrawny and have thinner faces which is why i was considering the mal, yet some of those also have long thin muzzles, or their hair is too short or too long. Lobo was like a huge soft, cuddley bear and I'm looking for something similar. The only advice i've had so far is to look for a pup with big round paws and i was hoping to get some more help. thanks.



I'm looking at getting a dog after my much loved husky died unexpectedly (heart attack). husky or malumute?

Id say that if you want a dog that looks like your Lobo, then you should get a Malamute. It'll be like your doggie, but not exactly alike, so it wont be hard for you every time you look at him.



Also, Malamutes are bigger, so it might be more the size you are looking for.



Sorry for your loss, I really feel for you. Good luck with the new dog. xo



I'm looking at getting a dog after my much loved husky died unexpectedly (heart attack). husky or malumute?

Local Pound????



I'm looking at getting a dog after my much loved husky died unexpectedly (heart attack). husky or malumute?

I'd go for none of the above, considering that by the time you got Lobo, good breeding was probably more common than it is now.



Have you thought of a Keeshound? You can't go wrong with these!!! I think you should search for some rescue places, even in the states, they've got purebred rescues (like excusively huskies rescues and stuff). Hit the shelters, you never know, you may fall in love with a dog as good as your Lobo was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans