Sunday, June 20, 2010

How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

My dog is 15 years old, she is very well-behaved, except when it comes to grooming, the older she gets the worst she is! as soon as you want to clean her eyes, cut a hair or simply brush her, it's a real challenge! even for the professional groomers!!!



How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

I AM a PROf. GROOMER... WHat i would recomend would find a VET with a groomer,, That way the dog can get a mild sedation under supervision of a vet. Dont hold the dog down,., Its can be too Tramatic! Dont try it yourself,but Under sedation there wont be any Accidents ( the dog moves when your trying to scissor the face,, you poke the eye) (hasnt happened to me ) ITS THE SAFEST WAY!!!



How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

They do have sedatives that will calm them. My boss uses them for her dog because he's afraid of thunderstorms. It's not harmful to the animal.



How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

If the dog is small enough you might still need 2 people to hold her down. It sounds harsh but the more scared they are the more the cooperate. I have a Chihua and once a week we do the "works". Bath first, then cut nails, brush, and medicines... she is so worn down from all of it she usually doesnt fight back to much, compared to if you just try and grab her out of nowhere and cut her nails.



How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

I find my dogs behavior is directly related to how much I stroke his undercarriage while trying to groom him. The slower I stroke, the more relaxed and well mannered he is. If I go at it like a madman, Poochie won't hold still to save his life. You just tell the professional groomers to churn poochies butter at a slow to medium pace and he'll behave just fine for you. If you need any more help, feel free to pm me.



How do I get my dog to well-behave while being groomed?

The MORE scared the WORSE the dogs act...I may be only 13 but I have a Saturday job where I help groom dogs with a pro. groomer. Usually you just ahve to disaplin the dog. tell her bad. It may be hard because the dog is 15 but it might work. Also grooming her yourself also helps get her used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans