Thursday, June 17, 2010

How can I make a weiner dog and pit bull get along?

In my last question I asked about her whining, but I have another problem... I also have a red nose pit that will growl at the weiner dog even if she's just walking by. The pit has snapped at her one time when the puppy tried to get in her bed. She always raises the hair on her back and it makes me nervous. I don't want her to eat the puppy. How can I make them get along? Keep in mind I used to have a weiner dog with the pit, but she past away earlier this year so I know she gets along with other dogs.. Thanks!



How can I make a weiner dog and pit bull get along?

Bear in mind the following..........you CANNOT force 2 animals to get along.



Be that as it may, more than likely it's just a question of the pit is establishing "who's boss"......the heirachy they will follow through thier lives. There is ALWAYS an Alpha......the dominant dog will ensure that all others follow their lead.



The trick is to allow the natural formation of this relationship, but not allowing it to get out of hand. Since you are the "master", you must enforce your self as the Alpha, thereby ensuring that your lead dog doesn't get carried away.



How can I make a weiner dog and pit bull get along?

your Pitt bull thinks that she is the alpha dog and does not accept your other dog and in the wild this is what they would do they would make a leader and the pack would follow after and the alpha dog will choose who is in the pack and who is not and your Pitt bull thinks that she is the alpha dog so you have to prove that your other dog is also in charge by maybe feeding her first (as the leader always eats first)



How can I make a weiner dog and pit bull get along?

Weener dogs are the best dogs. When I intruduced my mini dachshund to a german shepard I held him and let her smell him. Then I let him smell her. After a few visits to the my fiancee's parents house (where the german shepard is) they got used to eachother. And now they are the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans